Saturday 4 June 2011

How do you change your voice?

I%26#039;m 17 and I want to be an actor and voice actor. For both of these I need to change my voice (Mines kind of annoying and it is always good to be able to change your voice, just look at Hugh Laurie). Can anyone instruct me on how to do this or give me a link to a website that can help me? I Googled it looking for help but all that came up were how to change your voice with a computer program. I%26#039;m not very talented, but I%26#039;m dedicated to doing this so anything will help.|||Very easily.


Just pursue this interest, this is me doing a Gollum impersonation (I proud myself in that this actually sounds like Gollum unlike a lot of other impersonations out there):


http://www.youtube.com/user/CurtmanZ?fea鈥?/a>





What you do is listen to the voice you like and practice, practice, practice. Do so on your own first, saying back exactly what the character says, then when you are confident with that try it out in front of someone you are comfortable with when they least expect it. If you get a good reaction - then you are on your way, if you don%26#039;t back to the drawing board.





In order to get involved in voice acting, try here:


http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/for鈥?/a>





A lot of opportunities there, I%26#039;m a member of the alliance here myself.





All the best :)|||Pick someone whose voice you would like to mimic (preferably someone who was in a movie or on youtube, whom you can listen to), and tape yourself attempting to simulate their voice. Keep at it, and when you can mimic them, try a different person. Eventually you will be able to change your voice to a whole bunch of stuff.|||i have no idea on how to instruct you but just mess around with focus on how it feels when you speak (in your throat) and just feel those musles or what ever and try tweaking what your doing. thats all i really can saying im not the greatest at it and not nearly as good as i used to be. dont strain yourself though or it will make it harder. i do alot of singing and do metal screams and its really messed up my range of none screaming vocals.|||Hugh Laurie, like most British actors, had years of training in voice and accent work. By %26quot;change your voice%26quot; do you mean %26quot;lose my accent%26quot; or do you mean %26quot;change the pitch%26quot;? If you voice is high and squeaky, you can practice lowering it, just like radio announcers used to do.





The best thing you could do would be to find a good voice coach or voice teacher and get them to evaluate you.