Wednesday 26 October 2011

Female to Male transsexuals: How soon did you notice your voice dropping?

Meaning..how soon after starting hormone therapy (testosterone) did you start to notice a change in the pitch of your voice? And also..what dose of testosterone are you on and how is it adminisistered? (shot, patch, gel..ect?)
Female to Male transsexuals: How soon did you notice your voice dropping?
It's a long time ago, but I think the change was pretty quick. My voice pitch was a bit all over the place for a while - like any boy's when they're going puberty. Think it was more or less done within three months though. I can't be accurate, as I said it was a long while ago (16 years).



I am on Sustanon 250, which I administer by intramuscular injection every four weeks. I understand that it is more often given every two or three weeks, but I was prescribed four weekly and I seem to get along fine with it.
Female to Male transsexuals: How soon did you notice your voice dropping?
It took mine a long time to change, but I was on a ridiculously low dose to start and it was raised very slowly (50mg/month for three months, then 50mg/two weeks for another three months, then up to 70mg, etc) because my doctor was weird.



It started cracking within the first few months, but it took over a year before it settled down again. It's been three years now and my dosage has been normal (200mg/two weeks) for two years, and it's still slowly changing. I think that's normal, though. Cisgender (non-trans) men's voices change a lot when they're teens, but they keep changing slowly for years, well into their 20's.



Btw, my T is injected.
It started to change within the first month or two, but at first just sounded like I had a cold and gradually dropped from there, but with a bit of breaking and squeaking along the way. It took at least 12 months before it settled down enough that I could predict what sound would come out when I tried to sing. At that time I was on Sustanon 250, the first 2 shots were 4 weeks apart, then a couple were 3 weeks apart and finally fortnightly. Then, after about 18 months I changed to pellets implanted under the skin that last for about 5 -5.5 months for about 3 years. Recently I decided to try the new 12 week injection, Reandron.
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • delegates
  •