Friday 7 October 2011

Impressions of Famous People? Voice impersonations?

Hello,



I'm a 16 year old male who has recently gotten into doing voice impressions/impersonations. i.e. sounding like someone else (usually famous but really anybody).



Now, I've read a bunch of people saying that you should dress like them, use the same hand motions and try the same face motions/looks, but I'm talking specifically about voices here.



I just want information on changing your voice to sound like someone. Now, I know in the end it just takes practice. But I mean, what specifically can you work on to help. I'm sure I have a good vocal range, but I need to work on control and mastery over my pitch, tone, and whatever else is needed.



Can anyone offer up any advice on how specifically to change the sound of your voice (pitch, tone, diction, etc...) to sound like anyone else?



Thanks!
Impressions of Famous People? Voice impersonations?
Does this person have any bodily features, like a hunchback? If so, try doing that. Pretend that you ARE the character. That way, you feel everything differently.