Friday 7 October 2011

How to use and change to chest voice?

I am not sure how to change to it. I've heard that if you use your chest voice your voice will last years longer and your range will increase. I'm not aware how to use the diaphragm. My range is currently four and just over a half octaves (G1-E5 I think :). I'm a boy (12 years old) and I aspire to be a famous singer one day. I'm already proud of myself for having that range but I tend to push myself to reach new notes. Help please.
How to use and change to chest voice?
This is something you should go to a trained teacher for. Your range is impressive, but at 12, you're about to get into that part of your life where your voice changes, surely you know that.



With your aspersions, don't you think it's worth going out and finding some work around the neighborhood to help pay for what you'll need? I mean, how serious are you really?



Have you ever heard of the Vienna Boys Choir? You might want to Goggle them and see why their oldest boys are like 13 and 14 years old. You may as well know now.