Friday 7 October 2011

Is it possible to change my voice to the quality of a voice actor/broadcaster?

I have a slightly odd voice. I wonder how much of it is uncontrollably congenital and to what degree you can control your voice by practice? I tried to improve my voice a few minutes with a headset and an audio program but I didn't make much progress.
Is it possible to change my voice to the quality of a voice actor/broadcaster?
Believe it or not there are professional voice coaches who train actors specifically for voiceover work. However, like all forms of training it is expensive but if you're really serious about going into that field then it's worth the investment. My suggestion is to research voice coaches in your area and get in touch with them in order to find someone who can help you achieve your goals.