Wednesday 26 October 2011

How can I become a better singer? Please help! Singing is my passion!?

I have always loved singing and people have always told me that I am good at it also, but I don't trust them... I've recorded myself and I sounded okay, but I have read that your are always deaf to your voice unless you use something professional. I am 14 so I don't know if it's puberty or what, so I really want to tame my voice before I get out of puberty because I also read after puberty you can't really change your voice. My family is all great singers, my mom, grandma's, grandpa, and my uncles and cousins. But my dad and sister aren't very good so, could I possibly have gotten his jeans and have a bad voice! Are there any exercises or other things to help me become better at singing, help me widen my range in notes? Please help me singing is my passion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much

Peace Love ShyShy
How can I become a better singer? Please help! Singing is my passion!?
try getting a vocal coach. Even pros need this to fine tune their voice.
How can I become a better singer? Please help! Singing is my passion!?
Gain a lot of weight. The bigger you are, the more air your lungs can hold in, therefore, the longer you can hold notes.
Lip thrill- for management of air in diaphragm



Scaling- for descending and ascending notes, good for shifting notes



Belting out- for projecting of power of natural's voice



then learn how to belt out w/ ur mouth and throat are open..



Practice a belting-out exercise to help you with diaphragmatic breathing, or even scaling will help you with that, lip thrill will be a help for diaphragmatic breathing..



And in reaching high notes, curve your shoulders, to control you note; close your eyes, to focus and addition a lil drama; lessen your effort, for it might produce a squeaky sound; add stress, the source of the pressure of your voice to reach those high notes..



I hope that I helped you ;D
Take a deep breath and sing your ABCs. Don't pass out but try to get further in the alphabet every time. It strengthens your lungs. It does get boring so do different things. Sing the letters low to high. Or high to low. All high. All low etc.



If you have a music teacher at your school ask them if they are willing to help you. Ask a family member...and use a piano. Have the other person play a note and try to mimic it. Mimic until you can hit that note. That's a great way to learn.



I wish you luck.