Saturday 24 September 2011

Can your voice ever change?

I am fed up with my stupid little-girl voice! If you heard me on the phone, you'd think I was about seven. Not adding to friend status.



It seems to be ruining everything- my parents don't think I'm as mature because of it.



Plus, I love singing, and I do have a good voice- but it would be even better if the 'sickly-sweet' element to it disappeared.



PLEASE tell me I'm not going to be stuck with this voice for the rest of my life!



(By the way, I'm under sixteen. I won't say how under, but I'm not approaching it soon.)



Most factual and reassuring answer gets 10 points! So don't just tell me 'Yes' knowing it's not true.



Thanx! Dannii
Can your voice ever change?
Your voice is determined by genetics so you are to an extent stuck with it. However, a voice does change throughout a lifetime, and it will gradually change with age - becoming deeper, huskier. Some of this is due to hormonal changes over time.



You can, however, learn to alter your voice. Actors, singers, and voiceover artists learn to do this regularly. Look up techniques on how to accomplish this online, or get some books from the library or book store. There are ways to tighten/loosen your vocal cords to alter sound, vary tone based on the amount of air across the vocal cords, diaphragm, etc.



Good luck! :)
Can your voice ever change?
omg, me too! I have the little girls voice and when i'm singing, you could hear it and it's a bit annoying to me. My sister sings too and she told me that she use to have that but then as she grew up, it starts sounding more mature. She's 17 btw and i'm only 14 =)



hope i helped =))
My daughter is only 10 she still has a young voice but it ha matured immensely since she started training with a musical theatre company an is learning to sing correctly that is through the diaphragm using your chest and head voice and a mix. If you don't already sing this way you should, not only will you sing better and sing the best you can, you could save your voice a lot of damage especially if you belt. Belting will cause constant coughs and sore throats, cracking of your voice on high notes and nodules.



For an honest assessment of your voice or to enter an on line singing comp for 8 - 18 years, please contact me for th name of the company and site.
no it will change. DONT FREAK! you are like freaking out here and there is nothing to worry about. you probly havnt hit puberty yet, or at least the part where your voice changed. so you have to wait. dont worry, you wont sound like a mouse your whole life. =)