Saturday 24 September 2011

Why can't gay people speak normally? don't be offended I really want to know how being gay changes your voice

how does being you change yours?

its not something you learn, its something that is part of you, like brown eyes
Why can't gay people speak normally? don't be offended I really want to know how being gay changes your voice
What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!

We all have different voices, accents and ways of speaking - being gay doesn't make you speak and different!
Why can't gay people speak normally? don't be offended I really want to know how being gay changes your voice
It's funny you should say that...I find a lot of straight, homophobic men do the same thing. They try and make their voices deeper to prove how straight they are if they are around gay men... or am I stereotyping?. Strange really... and quite offencive!

My voice is no different to any other guys, it's no lower and no higher. I don't wear lipstick, dresses or impersonate Madonna. I am hopeless at needle work, I am no good with lighting and have no idea about fashion...I know call myself a gay man! Oh and have an 18 year old daughter. If you met me I would defy you to have any idea of my sexuality unless I told you one way or another. But just to set the record 'straight' I am gay and proud of it, even if I don't fulfil the stereotype.
i know loads of gay guys who are 'camp' and loads who are incredibly 'macho' or 'butch'. I also have effeminate straight male friends (my pals husband for one!) and 'butch' ones. I think it just comes down to personallity. My voice is pretty normal I think.....I'm a gay girl.....or does'nt that count.
not everyone has a abnormal voice. I've know plenty of str8 guy's with a feminine voice and i happen to have a very deep voice
You asked this stupid question yesterday in an offensive way...and today's is not much better. I assume that, by your question, you know and have heard ALL gay people. I have not. The Gays that I speak to, speak as anyone else does. Perhaps you are hanging with a different gay crowd than I do. And I can certainly see why. My crowd would have nothing to do with jerks, bigots, idiots, or undesirables...you seem to fit the description of everyone I would avoid. Good going, and quite an accomplishment.
They do speak normally.

Why don't people who get reported take the hint and shut up?
Sometimes (and this is a good example) the answers are of more interest than the question.

Lots of misinformed, homophobic and hateful people out there. Of course one can spot an effeminate man with a high voice (any idiot can) but not as easy to say with any certainty (unless you are one of the people who have answered this question of course) that they are straight, gay, bi, or a combination of all three.

Camp men can be straight, butch men can be gay. Get the picture - DON'T GENERALISE!
I am a gay butch female and I sound like a female. I don't make my voive sound deeper. Some people may sound that way because they simply have deeper voices and some guys are just into being female. probably hang around them alot and pick up there demeanor. I have heard straight women sound like men. It's just the way you sound. Some people it just fits to. If a male is feminine...he speaks that way. I'm butch but I don't speak like a male. Nor do I try to be. I hope I was of some help to you.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/?qi鈥?/a>

well ... i think it just turns some girls on !

so thay appeal to ther better tast and bendf over !



http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>
Being gay does'nt change your voice.
eh?
Why are you such an idiot? (said the gay woman sounding exactly like a woman! How odd!)
some straight guys speak has a weak voice it doesnt matter if you are gay or no.. the voice is just genetic!!
That's right, gay men do speak with squeaky, camp voices. Just think of Rock Hudson, Raymond Burr, Ian McKellan, Richard Wilson...
he he he he ... his right in what his saying isnt he ? they do talk like girls ... well most of em !
Rock Hudson, Richard Chamberlin, and Danny Kaye were all gay. Laurence Olivier was bi. In what way did their voices reflect their sexuality?
Retard
Its because some gay men are more effeminate than straight men, and apparantly all guys from Manchester are gay, according to the famous tv program Brookside, all the guys there talk like gays, and hmm maybe they are but maybe they arent. Accents and ways of speaking develops in the society you live and associate yourself in.



I am gay, but rarely go out to clubs/ and %26quot;the scene%26quot; so i haven't got the %26quot;typical%26quot; gay voice, if there is such a thing....
it doesn't. I know plenty of straight men with higher pitched voices than gay men
they don't have balls, so it makes them squeaky
What?? I have alot of gay friends and there is nothing wrong with the way they talk. I think your question reflects your IQ.
Alot of homosexual males have a higher level of estrogen in their bodies.
i assume you mean more effeminate voices? or camp guys?



the reason is also the same as why they generally have smaller frames.



when they are in the womb they receive a different mix of hormones like an excess of oestrogen- the female hormone, and less testosterone-male version.



this gives them more feminate features like a higher pitched set of vocal chords.
THIS saying that benign Gay is born in you is nothing but someone that has turned Gay excuse for not benign what he was born to do not a real man or woman but some one that has been hurt or mistreated as a child or turn away by someone they liked. mentally they do not have the guts to be what they should be!!!
Good question all gay men speak like they have something stuffed up they're a**.
I kno...they speak so gurly ecspeccially the gay GUYS!!
It doesn't change your voice. Just because alot of gay males have a lisp, Thats what your talking about right, doesn't mean that it changes your voice. Alot of gay males talk alittle like Girls, because when they were born the X Chromosome and the Y Chromosome that is use to determine whether you are a male or female gets combined. They are really one or the other, but they have Masc parts to them and Fem parts to them. With some gay men thats where the Fem parts come out is through the voice.