Saturday 24 September 2011

Help on mixing my voice?

I'm not sure if this is what it's called. But I'm talking about the programs that change your voice so that a bad singer can become a good singer.



I was kinda hoping I could use something that's free. I have Audacity now, but some tutorials would be nice on how to mix a voice.

I have no idea where to start.



If you could leave your e-mail address if you know a lot about the subject it would be great. Because I have so many more questions.
Help on mixing my voice?
There's only one major software application for both mac and pc that is the best hands down and is used by professionals. Celemony Melodyne is the best pitch correction software in my opinion and I have used it on hundreds of projects in the studio.



Someone will tell you that Antares Autotune is the best but that's just because they haven't used Melodyne. There is also Waves Tune but I haven't researched it very much and it is also expensive. I've heard the demo and wasn't all that impressed with it or the interface.



Unfortunately, Melodyne not free and is a little on the expensive side ($700) retail for the Studio version but if you go to celemony.com, you will find the right version in your price range. Melodyne plugin is much less expensive and only disadvantage to buying these are a low track count. I did this for a living and it's a great way to make some extra money in addition to my normal job. If you want to chat, my email is cashkeeper@yahoo.com. Hope this helps a little!!