Saturday 24 September 2011

Voice Change, Crack (male puberty)?

I am 14, and I will be 15 in May. I have had a handful of voice cracks, but my voice sounds the same, as it always has.



The few times that it has cracked no one made a comment about it, but I felt really embarrassed.



My question is to those whose voice has already changed, or is changing, and the question is: How did you deal with your changing voice?



I know that it is natural and it happens to everyone, but I'm worried about comments people will make, or things they think.

My parents for example are very awkward when it comes to things like this, and the things that they say make me really embarrassed.



Thanks in advance.



Jeff
Voice Change, Crack (male puberty)?
My voice is still cracking and im going to be 15 in august. When ever it has a testepop (slang for changing of the voice where i live) and my friends notice it we all either laugh about it or pretend not to notice it. i guess all u have 2 do is get used 2 it because u no that its going to happen.
Voice Change, Crack (male puberty)?
i turn 15 in november. my voice started cracking...about last year (7th grade). when it does, I usually just cough and act like it didn't happen. it's just about done now. my voice has gotten deeper. and when it DOES crack, my friends blurt it out and tell me but i don' mind, cuz we are close and im used to it. :)
Hello, Jeff:

We have something to wee with in the front of us and something to excrete from at the bck of us and on our face is something else for us to blow out rubish and we can vomit through our moths and wax comes out of our ears and dirt gets under our ten fingernails.



Why be embarrassed. Have you been taught to be that way? Nobody is talking about you. You are perfectly natural. In all probability your voice is already cracked, no sooner do you hear such effects than they are gone. They are gone for you? Your voice has cracked. Do you feel any different? Nope.



Your parents sound as if they are turkeys, though. Why don't yousay at the dinner table tonight:%26quot;Well, am I going to get the benefit of a sex education here or do you prefer me to find out everything from the gutter?%26quot;
I've had the voice cracks before too, but really, I didn't have a way of dealing with it, and i really didn't care.



I just accepted the fact that it happens normally. and thats really all you can do.