Friday 16 September 2011

How do you change your speaking tone of voice?

Hi i just wondered if anyone has any advice on changing their tone of voice to a more serious mature tone? I've been told i sound really childish, high pitched and meek! I don't know how to change it..its like how I'm feeling totally translates into my voice. When i try to 'put on' other tones of voice i feel like I'm not being myself. Any advice is really appreciated.
How do you change your speaking tone of voice?
To naturally lower your voice, ironically, look up.



To sound more serious, slow down your speech, pronounce the start of each word more fully, and whenever you can, change questions into statements/ commands



E.g. %26quot;is it ok if we go?%26quot;

becomes

%26quot;Lets go then.%26quot;



obviously don't do all this so much it sounds fake or stupid- just gradually start using these techniques
  • networking
  • How to make your own bed sheets
  •